Monday, July 31, 2006

From the mouths of babes...

I just had the economy explained to me by a six-year-old.

He came in, said hello, and then sat down and read Harry and the Bucketful of Dinosaurs.

You have very good books, he said when he had finished. Where do you get them from?

We get them from the people who make them, I said.

So the money is recycled, said the boy. You buy the books and you have to pay for them. Then you sell the books. You can take the money from the books and spend it on more books, or you can spend it on your house. If you spend it on your house then the people you buy from can buy books. So the money is recycled.

Um... that's right, I said.

Do you have any more Harry and the Dinosaurs books? he said.

1 comment:

  1. That is freakily accurate. But I do like the idea of a book-based economy. We sell books to buy books to make books to sell books...

    ReplyDelete