Monday, January 15, 2007

All by myself...

I was a little bit worried about today. There is only going to one of us in the shop on a Monday from now on. As Marie and Adam will be able to telll you, I get very nervy when I'm in the shop by myself...

But today was fine. The thing is I wasn't alone at all. There was Kellie the Faber rep at 11am. Then Mr Shepherd our fave South West Trains driver (huge knowlege of poetry) dropped in. Then Jolanta who organises art shows all over London dropped by to tell me about her Christmas on top of a mountain in Morocco (not planned). Then Jurgen who is doing an MA on Lacan. Then Helen who was telling me about her plans to travel to Rome by train. Then Sue and Pat came in together to find out if our coffee machine was working yet (will be tomorrow ladies).

And any minute Marie arrives to host our bookgroup.

So "alone" on a Monday is really a very bad description. After just one year trading we seem to have loads of new friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment