Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Potter buzz is building...

We've had a really good response to our Harry Potter 'Buy one get nothing free and no money off' offer. (But half the money is given away!) Lots of pre-orders already - to the extent that we've had to work out a system for collecting names and numbers. This may sound like a simple task but if you knew us...

We also had an e-mail from an author who visited the shop last week and wishes to remain anonymous. Here is an extract,

'...what I wanted to say was I LOVE your Harry Potter campaign, not least because I'm horrified about the lack of books in schools and try to do as much as possible for my own kids schools. I also believe my independent bookshop when I started buying books properly helped me become a writer because I trusted the choice of varied and particular books on offer, and so came across writers I would not normally have picked up.

However as I won't be buying a copy of Harry Potter, I wondered if your local primary school would accept a cheque for £60 which is my fee for a poem in the upcoming Virago Book of Shopping.'

Gives you the warm-fuzzies, doesn't it? I think I'm going to enjoy this...

And here's a link to the recipient of half the Potter money,
Johanna. They're quite chuffed.

And here's our homepage with the offer...




No comments:

Post a Comment