Saturday, September 08, 2007

Bleargh...

Left the shop at 7ish then next door to the pub then out to somewhere near Slough for more drinks and a battle with a mad hornet followed by bed in the same room as a restless baby who seemed to be awake whenever I was asleep and asleep while I lay awake only to finally insist on getting up at 6:30 though it was my darling wife who actually left the bed and attended to him but I had to take over at about 7:30 didn't manage to have breakfast or find any coffee (who doesn't have coffee and if you did have it where were you hiding it?) then onto a train without washing or brushing my teeth into London and the shop where I just about managed to put myself together only to have people banging on the shutters forcing me to open half an hour early in severe need of more coffee and a bite to eat.

You wouldn't want to kiss me, not now...

2 comments:

  1. Up at 5am after younger one woke older one (baby is waking for one hour around 3am at the moment every night - no reason I can discern). Older one was in full grump-on, but then became manic because of an upcoming birthday party today. Cracking morning.

    Consequently I spent today in the shop in a slight zombie daze - i.e. couldn't even think when a customer wanted a suggestion for something to recommend after reading 'Atonement'.

    We should form a support group. Boy, am I looking forward to bed tonight...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark, any requests for book suggestions can be easily met with a chirpy "Gods Behaving Badly":

    - I need something for my sick aunt.
    - Gods Behaving Badly.
    - Something to read on the plane.
    - Gods Behaving Badly.
    - I'm looking for a non-fiction volume about wildlife on the Indian subcontinent.
    - Gods Behaving Badly.
    - Jeffrey Archer's Prison Diaries?
    - Gods Behaving Badly.

    See what I mean?

    ReplyDelete