Saturday, August 02, 2008

Something for the Weekend



After seeing a prom performance of Richard Strauss's last songs I popped into Gramex on Lower Marsh and purchased a slab of vinyl for £3.

As with every purchase I have ever made in this fine establishment it is in great condition, a beautiful performance and generally excellent in every way. I now have Richard Strauss to explore.

Come to think of it maybe it's the Strauss that accounts for the terrible bout of melancholia that seems to be sweeping through my life these last few days. The Germans are fantastic at moaning.

But I have one and a half days off coming up. Perhaps a good dose of Finn and family will sort my black-clouded head out. (Or maybe I'm just missing the football?)

Anyway. Youtube. Gramophone. Strauss. Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment