There are still a few places available on the Introduction to Bookselling Course on Monday 6th October.
About the Course
This course is designed to provide a thorough grounding in every aspect of bookselling.
Who Should Attend?
- New Booksellers who have recently set up in business
- Anyone considering opening a bookshop
- Experienced Booksellers who want to reacquaint themselves with the key elements of bookselling
- New or Experienced Members of Staff
What You’ll Learn
- How to create and maintain a robust business
- A practical understanding of bookshop finances
- Managing the day to day tasks of running bookshop
- Increasing customer loyalty
The course will look in detail at the essential elements that go to make a profitable retail business including profit & loss and stock control, and , of course, the product itself.
It will also look at resources available to booksellers, and look at the key events that make up a professional bookseller’s life.
Running your bookshop with passion and making sure customers come back to you time and again is vital to the success of your business. You will find out how to make your shop a part of your community and a unique and desirable destination.
And this is also a valuable opportunity to network with other booksellers and to benefit from the experience of one of the UK’s most successful booksellers!
Your tutor for this course is the highly-respected, experienced and award-winning bookseller, ***************************
Places on this course are just £195.00 + VAT (£229.12) each. This includes lunch and a free copy of the BA’s Complete Guide to Starting & Running a Bookshop normally priced at £28.00.
Nah, F*** it, we'll just carry on in our own muddle-headed way