Monday, October 22, 2007

DANGER! DO NOT READ THIS POST

Reading further could lead to financial ruin.

Reading further could lead to laughter-induced hernia.

Reading further could lead to divorce or relationship difficulties.


Still here?

Ok...

There's a series of books. Agatha Raisin? By M.C.Beaton.

If you like McCall-Smith and Boris Akunin then there is a fighting chance you will LOVE these.

But you will want to read them all. The list of addicts registered at C & P is growing.

"It's a cliche and all but that's just the way it happened. A friend introduced me to Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death. It made me laugh and feel all warm inside. One more can't hurt I thought and bought myself Agatha Raisin and the Vicious Vet. Now my husband has left me, my children don't recognise me and I live in a box outside Waterloo Station. JUST SAY NO to Raisins."

Name and address supplied.

2 comments:

  1. Matthew, that is not fair! I've been trying to meticulously work my way through my to-be-read shelves. Now, I'll definitely have to diverge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a small but devoted group of addicts at Mostly Books (Nicki being one of them). MC Beaton is an extremely talented lady, although (personally) I prefer Hamish Macbeth.

    ReplyDelete