Saturday, May 05, 2007

Pottermania comes to SE1 (Thanks to Marie)

So, here's the deal.

The last Harry Potter book is £17.99. WaterstonesTescoAmazonAsda are selling it for £8.99 or thereabouts - pretty much what they pay the publisher.

Here's our offer (as discussed on the 'Lunacy' post below)

Buy HP7 from us at £17.99, we'll pay the publisher and then give £9 to the primary school at the end of Lower Marsh to spend on books for their library.

What an offer!

C'mon folks, cancel you pre-orders at the giants and help us give a little back.

6 comments:

  1. You little beauties. If you put this on the website, send me a link so I can advertise it from my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I mentioned this on my blog and thought you'd like to see the comment Adele geras left there:

    Am I the only person to think this is an inspired idea? Can C and P not get other indie bookshops to join in and do the same thing in their local areas? I reckon it ought to go nationwide....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genius idea. Count me in. Come July I shall be winging my way to Lower Marsh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a great idea, but I'm not sure I would want to get closer to the book in question than, say, the length of a good sized mucky stick. Of course, for those under the Rowling "spell" (oh the wonder of words) then look no further than the Lower Marsh Two.

    Alternatively, for those who prefer angels to wizards, you could follow my example and hand over £17.99 for Peter Falk's memoir, then go to Hay at the end of the month and get the lieutenant to sign it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spoke with a friend who is a primary school teacher on Saturday. She said if anyone gave her school a couple of hundred quid to spend on books they would be really chuffed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousMay 09, 2007

    Great plan, have blogged about it over at my place.

    ReplyDelete