Wednesday, October 04, 2006

It's Cold!

Brilliant.

I love it when it's cold.

In the summer I find the least movement leaves me sweaty and exhausted. I turn into a kind of sloth.

Autumn, Winter - I love it.

The chill in the air over the last few days has led to my annual transformation. Suddenly I feel full of energy. I'm walking everywhere very fast again.

Hooray for Cold! You can keep your beaches and sun loungers. Give me a blast of windy rain in the face over a week of sunshine any time...

3 comments:

  1. Goodness how I agree with you Matthew... born and bred in Yorkshire and taken for a walk every day without fail no matter what the Scarborough weather, then walking or cycling to school every day, and back, made me hardy. It also made me LOATHE hot weather. Like you. Love the rain. The wind. The snow. The cold. Love it love it love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a relief! Having moved down from Edinburgh in January, this London weather just seems unnatural. As Swift once said: "may my enemies live here in July". Bring on the chillsome nights. As Billy Connolly's gillie once said: "there's no such thing as bad weather; only the wrong kind of clothes."

    ReplyDelete
  3. July was terrible...

    With luck global warming will reverse the gulf stream and bring on a new ice age!

    ReplyDelete