Wednesday, August 08, 2007

This time next year I'll be a millionaire.

Todays sales figure has an '8' in it. In the right place too. Not bad for the middle of the holidays. Might take the day off tomorrow. I'm my own boss don't you know. In fact I AM THE BOSS NOW! Matthew's gone orf for 2 weeks, first to deepest, darkest Brittany avec famille and then all by his lonesome in sunny Camberwell. So it's just me. No one else. Nada. Me me me. So I don't want any trouble, right. And if we keep hitting the heady heights of super sales figures like today then who knows, when he gets back he might just find himself out on his ear. Sorry mate, the business just doesn't need you any more.

'Powell's - Quality Bookselling for Quality Clientele'.

Has a nice ring to it.

Maybe I should put that order in for the Bentley. I hear there's a waiting list.

2 comments:

  1. Is this a Booker-powered sales bump, or just just some mighty fine salesmanning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mr. A:

    I know your shop. I worked in a bookshop like yours too. Which means you made £8 today. Not bad for the middle of the holidays.

    You are definitely showing symtoms of cabin fever.

    Take your advice and have tomorrow off.

    And this is the Bentley you should be having:

    1 1/2 oz apple brandy
    1 oz Dubonnet® French vermouth
    1 twist lemon peel

    Stir apple brandy and Dubonnet with cracked ice and strain into a cocktail glass. Add the twist of lemon peel and serve.

    ReplyDelete