Thursday, March 06, 2008

Singing the Fishing

We're doing well with a book by Christopher Rush called Hellfire and Herring.

It reminded me of a casette my dad used to inflict on us when we drove long distances in the car. It was recorded from radio 2. I think it was first aired in the 60's but this was in the 80's...

Anyway, you can listen to it here.

It says it's an 18 minute extract but it's the whole program as far as I can tell.

Quite apart from another nostalgic tour on my part it's an example of the kind of program that should be on the radio all the time. Some of those accents, the turns of phrase - beautiful stuff...

2 comments:

  1. Just been sitting here listening to the program. What storytelling gems. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what the internet is all about. Long-lost progs available again. Good for the BBC too as they seemed to bow to pressure from the comments and make the progs available in full rather than just extracts.

    ReplyDelete