Saturday, February 17, 2007

Our website is shit

Apparently.

Some whizz-bang web design company phoned us up touting for business. A figure of £2000 was mentioned. We laughed in their general direction. But they persisted...

Some trendily jacketed, floppy-haired posh boy came to visit us...

First question. 'Do you have a website?'

Don't know about you but if I'm asking someone for 2 grand of their money I'll do a bit of research first...

'Um, yes' and I proceed to show him our DIY efforts. A customer wants to buy a book...

Poshboy looks at his blackberry...

'I think we can do you a really good site for two k'

Weren't you listening...

When I tell him that we have web 'presence' for zip he throws on his riduculous jacket and flounces off like we've wasted his precious time.

'Well, it's all about the impression you're trying to make' he says...

Implying that our current web thing is shit..

If indeed he's actually ever seen it...

Fuck and Off.

3 comments:

  1. I'll re-do your bookmark for a fiver. Hey, I'm a winner!

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 13, 2008

    I'm a professional website designer and I quite like your site, very simple and to the point. Next time Mr Foppy hairdo comes round tell him I said so!

    Warm Regards,


    joel - optimal website

    ReplyDelete
  3. i made a website.
    it is also a bit crap.
    www.sizersthings.com

    ReplyDelete