Wednesday, February 07, 2007

A very boring cycling post

I bought myself a cycle computer for my birthday. The information I gleaned this morning is:
  • I reached 34.4mph going down Latchmere Rd.
  • Battersea Park is 0.6 miles long.
  • The 'long' route I take in to work is 9 miles exactly.
  • The 'short' route home is 3.8 miles.
  • I got to 24.7mph on the flat along Millbank.
  • I have traveled 25 miles since fixing the thing to my bike.
  • At 6.3 miles, the constituent parts of my left knee felt like they were about to disassemble in an excrutiating rupture of bone and cartilage.
  • At 6.6 miles those same parts miraculously and thankfully, painlessly reassembled themselves into something approximating working order.

ps Matthew has insisted I work the morning shift tomorrow which means, if the weather man is to be believed, cycling through a driving 4" of snow on my skinny, slick tyres. I think he wants to collect on the insurance...

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...he survived the snow and made it in.

    I have cycled with adam in the past. We start off at the same place and then he sort of disappeares into the distance while I wheeze along in the bus fumes.

    He is always trying to get me to cycle in to work. I'm sure it's because he knows I would get killed and he would then receive a cheque...

    ReplyDelete