- I reached 34.4mph going down Latchmere Rd.
- Battersea Park is 0.6 miles long.
- The 'long' route I take in to work is 9 miles exactly.
- The 'short' route home is 3.8 miles.
- I got to 24.7mph on the flat along Millbank.
- I have traveled 25 miles since fixing the thing to my bike.
- At 6.3 miles, the constituent parts of my left knee felt like they were about to disassemble in an excrutiating rupture of bone and cartilage.
- At 6.6 miles those same parts miraculously and thankfully, painlessly reassembled themselves into something approximating working order.
ps Matthew has insisted I work the morning shift tomorrow which means, if the weather man is to be believed, cycling through a driving 4" of snow on my skinny, slick tyres. I think he wants to collect on the insurance...